Laborer - General Mover
| - |
|Location:||Washington, DC, DC|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||SUMMARY: The Laborer is required to move boxes, equipment, furniture and packages and to assemble and disassemble equipment.|
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. |
• Make deliveries of furniture and equipment to rooms within the buildings, load and unload furniture, crate and uncrate equipment and reposition equipment as required.
• Ability to organize the necessary moving equipment and mover personnel and effect furniture/equipment placement according to agency directions with no charge due to their failure to follow these directions.
• Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information.
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
• Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
• Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles and containers, by hand or using trucks and other equipment.
• Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
• Assemble product containers and crates, using hand tools.
• Carry needed tools and supplies from storage or trucks, and return them after use.
• Drive a 24 foot truck
• Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
|Qualifications:||• High School Diploma|
• Highly qualified laborers must possess one (1) year experience in moving services in actual physical relocation, placement and handling of furnishings, equipment and machinery or crated materials.
• Valid driver's license and a clean driver's record
• Demonstrated leadership qualities in the area of moving services
• Have thorough knowledge of appropriate kinds of equipment needed to move specific items
• Familiar with government policies and procedures
• Ability to left 70 lbs, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
• Microsoft Suite, organization, time management, and verbal communication skills
• Works well in a team environment
This position reports directly to the Supervisor, Moving Services
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination of race, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We are an E-verify employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.